Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Help Configuring Faces

Cache_River_MillCache_River_Mill Member Posts: 225 PRO
edited June 2020 in Community Support
Hello,

When a color is configured with a face, all of the configuration inputs are placed into columns. Is there a way to delete the unwanted configured columns? Or perhaps a way to configure a color in the standard configuration panel?

The way it is configured now, I can't configure colors unless the stars align with all of the different configured variables... Perhaps I am doing it wrong?

Best Answers

• Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
    Answer ✓
    NeilCooke said:
    No, you are doing it right. Properties are config-specific so you do have to align all the stars. A wilcard option would be good.

@Evan_Reese 's FS could be easily extended to allow face colors.
    I actually made that update a few days ago. It works with faces now.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl

Answers

• Cache_River_MillCache_River_Mill Member Posts: 225 PRO
    Thank you for the quick reply. Excellent, the new updates are fantastic by the way, thank you.
    Answer ✓
    NeilCooke said:
    No, you are doing it right. Properties are config-specific so you do have to align all the stars. A wilcard option would be good.

@Evan_Reese 's FS could be easily extended to allow face colors.
    I actually made that update a few days ago. It works with faces now.
    edited June 2020
    Thanks! @Evan_Reese

This is fantastic, very well made.
    edited June 2020
    Not only can I color a part face with this, but this lets me color a face and then over ride that color by coloring the face again if the conditions require it! Wow. @Evan_Reese
    Not only can I color a part face with this, but this lets me color a face and then over ride that color by coloring the face again if the conditions require it! Wow. @Evan_Reese
    pretty cool! credit for that goes to the Onshape devs. All I did was add a line to allow faces and they made it work.