Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

3D connexion space mouse not working after migrating to a new computer

Alex_KoAlex_Ko Member Posts: 2 PRO
Migrated from a 2020 macbook pro, to a 2021 macbook pro... for some reason, the spacemouse remains "greyed out" in the 3D connexion software and the mapping  "3D mouse" is not selectable. Help! 

Answers

• Options
    fnxffnxf Member, User Group Leader Posts: 137 PRO
    Can you try to reinstall the drivers from 3D connexion? https://www.3dconnexion.com/service/drivers.html?_s=p05r0mco7ol93s7716q53nru1g
    Current version of the drivers for Mac is 10.6.5.
  • Options
    Alex_KoAlex_Ko Member Posts: 2 PRO
    Yep. I reinstalled the latest 3D connexion drivers multiple times. Then tried the latest Apple system wide update. That did it for some reason.
  • Options
    tony_459tony_459 Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Try to contact 3D Connexion. Haha. It's been nine months and I still haven't heard back from them---on any of my tech support emails.
    They're not going to respond.
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    3D connexion has great hardware, but they have no clue how to write a driver.
  • Options
    fnxffnxf Member, User Group Leader Posts: 137 PRO
    Try to contact 3D Connexion. Haha. It's been nine months and I still haven't heard back from them---on any of my tech support emails.
    They're not going to respond.
    I've had success in getting them to reply, was even able to send them log files which they had a look at. But like @john_mcclary says, they could be better at writing drivers.
  • Options
    tony_459tony_459 Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
    I disagree on the quality of their hardware. I used my very expensive space mouse for three months before the power cord severed at the USB charging dongle. Without charging, the space mouse became useless in days.
    It didn't matter that much because aside from the fun of 3D mousing, the thing had never done anything practical for me... so I quickly switched back to a $10 Logitech mouse, and what do you know, I was just as productive as before...
    But still it would have been appropriate for 3D Connexion to acknowledge my tech support requests and send me a new charging cable given that it was so poorly designed (I can't think of another charging cord, not even Apple's, that didn't have a neck where the cord meets the dongle to better handle the shear and bending stresses in that area).
    So I'm not impressed by their tech support or by the quality of their hardware.