Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Loft Issues with Guides

VMVM Member Posts: 12 PRO
Hello,

I am creating a kid's spoon handle and the loft tool is not able to use the guides I've created to make the intended profile. I am able to get close with the profiles I have created (and pierced). Once I select guides and add the profiles from "Side One" and Side Two", Onshape will not render. 

Any ideas?

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/b0a4620df78f374e022069ef/w/1058ac51e286b4d74c63513d/e/81b197c6fb953a319dad637f
Tagged:

Comments

• steve_shubinsteve_shubin Member Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    @VM

How about   —  Sketch & Revolve

just 2 steps (features)

• VMVM Member Posts: 12 PRO
    Ha! I was so caught up in trying a new technique to improve my skills that I missed the basic tools. I will use that for this project. Thanks! Just out of curiosity, though, do you have any ideas why the loft did not work in that situation? Just so I know for future.
  • steve_shubinsteve_shubin Member Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭✭
    @VM

Looks to me like you have not allowed us to copy this document. We could only view it.

So my GUESS is that one of the guides is not coincident with one of the profiles. But to try and figure out what’s going on, I would have to have access to the document