Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

"Boolean resulted in no geometry change" Error when trying to negatively extrude a shape.

nniicckknniicckk Member Posts: 2 EDU
Hello. I am trying to make an iPhone model, and I am working on the charger/port area now. I am using Onshape web by the way. So when I make a rectangle on the bottom of my model, I get no errors, but when I try to extrude it in, I get an error saying " Boolean resulted in no geometry change. The parts either do not intersect or are totally contained. " I have set the extrude amount to -0.1 , and it is not working. Can anyone tell me how to intrude a shape, or a way to fix this? Thanks. I would also be more than happy to share more details or screenshots.

Comments

• Options
    Daniel_KaneDaniel_Kane Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 22
    In order to "negatively extrude" you need to select the "Remove" option in the Extrude feature dialogue. Make sure the direction of the extrude goes into the part you want to cut. If you still have issues, please share some screenshots to provide more info.
  • Options
    nniicckknniicckk Member Posts: 2 EDU
    You are a lifesaver man. Thanks so much!!!!
  • Options
    Kailey_AndrettaKailey_Andretta Member Posts: 2
    Thank you very much, I no longer need the rope. <3  o:)