Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

"SKETCH COULD NOT BE SOLVED" SKETCH ENTITIES TURNED RED

Patricia_SugiartaPatricia_Sugiarta Member Posts: 2 PRO
I want to extrude the box that located in the middle of the box. I'm sure that the 4 other box on each side have the same size but the extrude has one sided error. Is there any solutions to this problem?

Comments

• alnisalnis Member, Developers Posts: 447 EDU
    It isn't possible to have a single solid like that in the Parasolid kernel, which Onshape uses (along with SolidWorks, NX, and others). The reason is that there are multiple edges in the same place forming non-manifold geometry.

Either create the blocks as separate solids or make sure that there isn't a boundary of 0 thickness between the two.

An intuitive way of thinking about it is if you fillet that 0 thickness edge, which of these shapes should it produce?

This situation is ambiguous, so to avoid situations like this, Parasolid prohibits non-manifold geometry.
    Student at University of Washington | Get in touch: contact@alnis.dev | My personal site: https://alnis.dev | Currently an Onshape intern: asmidchens@onshape.com