Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do you curve the point on a cone? I don't like how sharp/pointed the

jasmin_tylerjasmin_tyler Member Posts: 3
edited November 2020 in Community Support

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of ways. The first two that come to mind are to build the round tip into the sketch used with a revolve. Another way is to cut the tip off and apply a fillet.

But a lot of these questions you have when starting out would be explained by going through some tutorials.

• Options
    jasmin_tylerjasmin_tyler Member Posts: 3
    mahir said:
    Lots of ways. The first two that come to mind are to build the round tip into the sketch used with a revolve. Another way is to cut the tip off and apply a fillet.

But a lot of these questions you have when starting out would be explained by going through some tutorials.

umm You see I tried sketching it with a round tip, but I guess I'm using the wrong tool maybe but if i do it one way it wont revolve and if i do it another the end becomes to big. Also there isn't exactly a way to just CUT it either because when i go to use trim or split they don't give me an option to select the lines or faces that i want to do it on. As you can see i have tried everything I already knew how to, I also tried to just look it up, but since nothing seemed to work i asked hear, and i got no helpful answer, and was told to watch the tutorials! Thank you for the help!
  • Options
    robert_scott_jr_robert_scott_jr_ Member Posts: 324 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hey Jasmin Tyler. Her is my method to accomplish the result that I understand you desire. Let's see your attempt. - Scotty