Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How can I measure the length of a projected curve? Thanks

It is an exhaust pipe design so I need all the pipes to be the same length.

Best Answers

• steve_shubinsteve_shubin Member Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @peter_clifford

I used the sweep path for a measurement. had no problem

If you share the link or URL to your document, some of the people here in the forum could take a look at it

• peter_cliffordpeter_clifford Member Posts: 9
    Answer ✓
    Thanks so much Steve. That led me to the complete solution. When I rolled back to the first path the measurement worked. When I rolled forward again it would not. So I suppressed the sweeps and that just left the paths. Then selecting each in turn showed the measurements. Not sure why it worked but it did. Many thanks.

Answers

• steve_shubinsteve_shubin Member Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @peter_clifford

I used the sweep path for a measurement. had no problem

If you share the link or URL to your document, some of the people here in the forum could take a look at it

• peter_cliffordpeter_clifford Member Posts: 9
    Answer ✓
    Thanks so much Steve. That led me to the complete solution. When I rolled back to the first path the measurement worked. When I rolled forward again it would not. So I suppressed the sweeps and that just left the paths. Then selecting each in turn showed the measurements. Not sure why it worked but it did. Many thanks.
  • Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    @peter_clifford

In your initial image it looks like you had the endpoints selected as well?  Maybe you were selecting the whole body from the parts list or the feature list?  For the length measurement you are going to want to get a selection of the edge, so just clicking on the edge in the graphics area should do the trick.  Clicking in the parts list will select the whole body, which will not give a length measurement (as far as I know).
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team