Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Copy A Sketch - Onshape Update 29JUN15

christopher_owenschristopher_owens Member Posts: 235 ✭✭
Great update! First I tired "Fix" all entities in existing sketch... pasted sketch has all entities "Fix"ed. Eliminating need to redimension new sketch.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Wondering where the "Copy From Point/Origin" and the "Copy To Point/Origin" are? Origin of Part Studio?
  • Options
    OK! I can copy and paste the sketch of the "logo", after making it all one area, so I can select the Sketch X out of the feature list and it is all one part! Now I can Transform that Part Logo around. Except I can't Scale it or the sketch. 
  • Options
    AH! Thanks @3dcad ! Like I said "I can't do it"! not that Onshape can't! Thing is I have done that Transform-Scale before! Was doing one of the "Haven't I done that before?" mind sweeps last night!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Here is an image of the process. The Transform 4 was to scale the "logo" and the Transform 5 was to rotate it! Thanks again @3dcad ! Notice the original Pasted sketch was unaffected.

• Options
    Would be handy if Copy-n-Paste a sketch would ask for an origin point. When I Paste a sketch I have to "go looking" for it. But if I happen to have a "central point" in the sketch it can be moved easily. At least the one I used! When I pasted onto the "top" plane I had zoom out to "find" the sketch. Simple Coincident point-to-point and it snapped to where I wanted it.

Yeeeah! By deleting the Horizontal constraint and adding a Vertical to THE line in the outer rectangle the section rotated as I wanted! Whew!

• Options
    I just noticed that you have to watch what OS selects when Pasting a Sketch. As I Right Clicked on the surface of the Extrude I thought it was selected, hit Paste Sketch and the (copied entities) slot showed up in the Part 1! Took me a second to figure out that OS has selected the Sketch Region and added the copied sketch entities to the original sketch! (That can be handy!). Once I Hid the original sketch and Right-Clicked again on the surface, the Extrude surface was selected and a new sketch was created with the copied entities. Unhid everything and did a Left-Click to see that the Sketch gets priority, by being highlighted in the Feature List.