Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to put a image into a 3D object or solid?

marcos_pinto124marcos_pinto124 Member Posts: 11
edited October 2020 in Community Support
I finished my construction and used the insert image toll to insert a image into my solid, but it disappeared when I left the sketch, do I have to retrace it or there is another way to insert a image into a solid, and make it stay there, even after leaving the sketch.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Answer ✓
    @marcos_pinto124

Likely your sketch is just hidden.  If you insert an image into your sketch, it should stay visible as long as the sketch is visible.  Try clicking on the eye icon next to the sketch in the feature list.

Please also feel free to vote on this improvement request: https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/2718/decals-or-images-as-skins-on-solid-faces-or-surfaces which represents a more robust improvement to adding images to parts
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • Options
    marcos_pinto124marcos_pinto124 Member Posts: 11
    Looks like the feature I was looking for is Decal, thank you
  • Options
    T_RathierT_Rathier Member Posts: 43 EDU
    Where is the decal command?
  • Options
    mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @T_Rathier, there isn't an actual Decal command yet. That's just what the feature would be called if it existed. But you can vote for the improvement request above if you'd like to see it become a real feature.