Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Extrude set distance but dont intersect existing solids?

Hi
Please look at the drawing for a very simplified version of the problem.
I am creating a mount for a pipe, so that i can bolt it down to a surface.

I do not have much space, so i want the bolt hole (red) as close to the pipe (blue) as possible while also giving a proper top and bottom face for the surface/bolt.
My extrusion (green) will then intersect in to the pipe (pink).

Is there a way to create this extrusion, say 30 mm up from the surface, and also make sure that it mates up with any surfaces it meets "on the way"?
I know if it was a simple as the drawing i could extrude-remove the pink part, but due to the geometry being tricky its not an option (several pipe bends meeting in this area).
The part will be 3D printed then cast.

The actual part:
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/c3be48213ba7f4ce0a4f9f3f/w/b7420e2b0efa19527d6fab17/e/36b71b4957640918694bc565

Comments