Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Working with imported curves/sweeps

Greetings! I'm at my wit's end here.

I've got a face mask model I've imported (from STEP) and have performed extensive modifications. However, now I'd like to add a sweep to the edge of the mask to modify its profile and I just can't get it to work. The problem seems to be that the curves at the back of the mask aren't tangent to their endpoints, which makes the sweep fail. Is there any way to modify these curves? I've tried various approaches, slicing the model to ensure symmetry, slightly offsetting+mirroring to produce a flat section, and generating a composite curve, but all I get is fail fail fail :(

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/fcc843822e3f2cb218bbe91c/w/738c68d83bd9079113df055c/e/647276495f3fba07ffeec3d7?configuration=List_cSIvo086Lp8xPz=No_Manometer_Port;x_scale=0.9;y_scale=1.17;z_scale=0.9

Best Answer

Answers