Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Tabs in sheet metal

Mark_BantleMark_Bantle Member Posts: 2 EDU
I am trying to do a project with my students where they design packages for products. I have used the sheet metal tool and seen about adding tabs, but we keep running into an issue. If I create a cube (for example) and create the sheet metal feature to enclose it, with bends, we can see the flat view of the package. When I try to add tabs to the sides that meet, (in order to glue the sides together) I can only put two tabs on a side. Adding a third tab to the side that is the last to close on a simple box gives me (and my students) and error.

Is there a secret to this? Or a better way?
I want my home bound students to create models at home, where all they have access to is paper. 
Thanks for the help,
Mark

Answers