Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Mirror Swept Cuts

Steve_15Steve_15 OS Professional Posts: 2 PRO
Can OnShape mirror a swept cut to the opposite side of a part?  The part was created with a midplane extrude so I would use the midplane as the mirror plane.

Best Answer

Answers

• Narayan_KNarayan_K Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    You can use mirror option.In that click on face mirror then select the all faces which are created by swept option then select the mid-plane...you will get swept cut on opposite side..
  • cyclonewadecyclonewade OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 53 ✭✭✭
    @Steve_15

Right now Onshape is built for mirroring bodies.  At some point down the road Onshape will probably be able to mirror features.  Here is what I would do in place of a swept cut and mirror.  Use the sweep and switch the option to "New".  This creates a body.  Use the mirror tool and mirror the body.  Once you have two bodies that are mirrored, use the Boolean command and subtract the swept bodies from the main body.  Wham!

Good Luck!
    imagine.create.deliver
  • navnav Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Steve_15 you can use the mirror command and activate the Face Mirror option, then proceed and select all the faces of the sweep cut and the mirroring plane. In my case the mirror faces command when it completely cuts the part does not work  (sweep or extrusion removal), a few days ago I raised a ticket with this issue suggesting that this command as well as array should be able to mirror/array features like SE or SW do.

Nicolas Ariza V.
    Indaer -- Aircraft Lifecycle Solutions