Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to measure Rake Angle in my assembly?

sid_nairsid_nair Member Posts: 5
Hello everybody,
I'm a bit of a newbie so sorry if this question is unnecessary.  I've been trying to figure out how to measure the rake angle of my basic r/c car.
Here is a link to the project: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/0c4caf2f4855a5f434e28a17/w/b8757e5273391bd48885d808/e/70fbe04af30fb9a0f7ff8052
It would be lovely if anybody could help me out :smile:  
Regards,
Sid

Best Answers

• Options
    steve_shubinsteve_shubin Member Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @sid_nair

is this what you’re looking for ?

• Options
    matthew_stacymatthew_stacy Member Posts: 476 PRO
    Answer ✓
    @sid_nair, I'm not certain which angle you are specifically interested in.  But in general just select the two entities of interest and Onshape will tell you what the angle is.  Example below (15.089 deg between roof of car and ground surface):

Answers

• Options
    steve_shubinsteve_shubin Member Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @sid_nair

is this what you’re looking for ?

• Options
    matthew_stacymatthew_stacy Member Posts: 476 PRO
    Answer ✓
    @sid_nair, I'm not certain which angle you are specifically interested in.  But in general just select the two entities of interest and Onshape will tell you what the angle is.  Example below (15.089 deg between roof of car and ground surface):

• Options
    sid_nairsid_nair Member Posts: 5
    Ah yes, thank you guys so much for the help.
    Thanks,
     Sid