Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Help! Cannot Extrude Sketch

For some reason, I cannot extrude my sketch. It's not a very complex shape, but I think it may have something to do with the fillet feature. I've included the document below: 

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/50d8376eee8733cec84be1e6/w/3228fed9d5be44faab4c6432/e/c4af3d6ff43521ad5db34c4d

Any help would be much appreciated, I'm new to this software, so I'm hoping it's just me being unfamiliar. 

I think this question might be academic in nature, I'm almost certain I could remove the fillet and extrude first, then fillet the solid. I'm not interested in that workaround, because I anticipate more complex sketches that need extrusion in later designs.

Best Answer

• tim_hess427tim_hess427 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Your profile isn't completely closed. If you open the sketch, look for blue dots. Those are points that are unconstrained (not fully dimensioned). One end of the large circular arc isn't connected to the straight edge, creating a small gap when you zoom in. Also, there's a blue dot on one of your corners. I'm not sure what the issue is with that one, but that corner may need to be cleaned up as well. 

Answers

• tim_hess427tim_hess427 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Your profile isn't completely closed. If you open the sketch, look for blue dots. Those are points that are unconstrained (not fully dimensioned). One end of the large circular arc isn't connected to the straight edge, creating a small gap when you zoom in. Also, there's a blue dot on one of your corners. I'm not sure what the issue is with that one, but that corner may need to be cleaned up as well. 
  • andrew_pfeil100andrew_pfeil100 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Tim! I didn't see those the first time I looked, but that seems to have done the trick