Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Designing a granite epoxy hobby CNC machine using Onshape

nick_papageorge073nick_papageorge073 Member Posts: 47 PRO
Hi all, I like machines and in my spare time I've been designing an epoxy granite CNC. I'm using Onshape to do it. I just started a youtube video series on it if anyone is interested in hobby cnc machines.
<== Not even close to an expert!:)

Comments

• nick_papageorge073nick_papageorge073 Member Posts: 47 PRO
    Episode 2 and 3 here:

Episode 4:

• MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 371 PRO
    This is pretty legit! Thanks for sharing.
  • larry_haweslarry_hawes Member Posts: 478 PRO
    Nice Nick,  Not easy to watch almost an hour worth of videos but like Michael - legit. Curious and perhaps you alluded to the answer but will you need a CNC machine to create your CNC machine? Perhaps the Bridgeport?
    Episode 5 here. This episode is about attaching the column to the base.

Nice Nick,  Not easy to watch almost an hour worth of videos but like Michael - legit. Curious and perhaps you alluded to the answer but will you need a CNC machine to create your CNC machine? Perhaps the Bridgeport?
    Yes, I have a tiny Taig brand bench top CNC now. I will use that to make the small parts. And I have a Bridgeport a few states away where I grew up. I will make the bigger parts on that.