Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to blend tube intersection

sean_trainor1988sean_trainor1988 Member Posts: 12
So i've recently got myself an Ender 3 and I though it'd be a good exercise to try and replace a connector used for a small marquee.

I'm near ready to print off a sample and see how it compares to an original but I can't figure out how to blend the radii at the point where the four tubes meet. See image below for reference of what i'm trying to achieve.

Answers

• Options
    james_bonneyjames_bonney Member Posts: 10
    My first recommendation is that the vertices of sketch 1 and sketch 2 should be indecent. These sketches drive the paths of your sweeps. If you want your tubular sections to meet at the same point, the sketches guiding them will need to inform them to do so.