Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

USE DERIVE FEATURE TO DERIVE PART STUDIO VARIABLES

shawn_crockershawn_crocker Member, OS Professional Posts: 801 PRO
I was just thinking it would be very useful to be able to use the derive feature to also derive part studio variables in to another part studio.  In my case, I often have a configured master part studio.  I then derive parts from the master into other studios.  I usually also configure the single part studio to drive the derived features configuration inputs.  If I was able to derive certain variables in along with the part like we currently can with sketches and planes, I would be able to perform addition work on the derived part using the logic that came in with the derived variable.  If we can derive sketches and planes, why stop the derive feature there.  Why not allow deriving of variables?  All this talk of global variables.  This could sort of work just like global variables.
Tagged:

Comments