Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

freehand moving arc segment in sketch

kev_keegkev_keeg Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
I've created an arc segment in sketch. Added an offset line and closed the ends. I want to move the whole thing - not resize or reshape it.
When I select all the members (2 arc segments, 2 straight lines and the center point) and try to drag/move them - the thing resizes.
How can I move it to a different place in the sketch w/o resizing it?
thank you

Best Answer

• kev_keegkev_keeg Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    just tried again with newly entered segment - still same behavior - no constraints. model is called "picker" - it is public. segment is in the upper LHS.

Answers

• tim_hess427tim_hess427 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    Make sure that there aren't any constraints locking a point in position (like a coincident constraint or something like that). You should be able to move things around, but if one point is locked down, it'll scale the entities like you describe. 
    Answer ✓
    just tried again with newly entered segment - still same behavior - no constraints. model is called "picker" - it is public. segment is in the upper LHS.
  • alnisalnis Member, Developers Posts: 447 EDU
    If you are referring to a model, please include its URL. That makes it easier to find.

The Transform Sketch tool is probably what you need:
    https://cad.onshape.com/help/Content/transform-sketch.htm

Student at University of Washington | Get in touch: contact@alnis.dev | My personal site: https://alnis.dev | Currently an Onshape intern: asmidchens@onshape.com
    Ahh yes - of course - silly of me. Thank you!