Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Extend an Ellipse?

christopher_owenschristopher_owens Member Posts: 235 ✭✭
edited July 2015 in Community Support
I've stumbled across that an Ellipse can not be selected to Extend in a sketch?

Although I did figure out a way to do this! I drew a line from the center of the ellipse out past the ellipse for convenience.  Then I picked the end point of the line, then the ellipse curve and made those Coincident.

After that I picked the end point of the ellipse and the now moved end point of the line and made those Coincident. The ellipse "Extend"ed to the line.

(PS There is no "Tags" for Ellipse)

Best Answer

Answers

• 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    Thanks for workflow.

ps. tags are created by us, just write whatever tag you want..
    //rami
  • christopher_owenschristopher_owens Member Posts: 235 ✭✭
    @traveler_hauptman  & @3dcad  Thanks for the info!
  • christopher_owenschristopher_owens Member Posts: 235 ✭✭
    Sometimes I like to add an "Why would you do this?" or "How I stumbled across this". The Ellipse was used as a Guide to a Loft. I wanted to "Extend" the Loft farther (after I had Split the Ellipse to only Guide 90DEGs), so I wanted a longer elliptical path without having to reassign entities.