Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Why Doesn't Fill (merge with all) Take Appearance From Existing Surface?

S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,412 PRO
I'm trying to fix some imported CAD. Sometimes when I need to fix a surface that didn't turn into a solid I use fill. In some cases it seems like the resulting part is all one appearance, and in others, the new face is a different color.

It would be nice if fill always took the appearance of the body it was adding to.

Comments

• Options
    Jake_DelanoJake_Delano Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 41
    You may have the "New" option selected when you go to fill the surface, which would make the new surface a different color. If you use the "Add" option when filling, your newly created patch for the surface should turn into the same color and if it closes the boundary edges, turn that surface into a part
  • Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,412 PRO
    In this case I have "add", but I suspect that the overall body color may be set to gray, but all the faces that are there are orange. So when I add a new face it's gray. I need to dig into it a bit more.