Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Diff for Featurescript?

S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,321 PRO
A while back I copied the Featurescript code for Bridging Curve and made some changes. I'd like to compare my version to the current version of the standard library code. For what it's worth, when I did this work originally Featurescript was at version 1324.0, it's now at 1618.0.

I'm sure I can just download my code and the standard code and do a diff on the command line or perhaps use some IDE or code editor (I'm on a Mac, does Xcode work?). Are there any other typical ways that Featurescript developers use to do diffs that I'm missing?
Tagged:

Comments

• ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,173
    I just copy/paste into Meld (https://meldmerge.org/), but of course a FeatureScript differ would be a good addition to our compare mode.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
  • matthew_vilimmatthew_vilim Member Posts: 12 EDU
    FYI Onshape's API let's you push feature script updates directly into documents. I keep all my scripts in a git repo and use my local text editor and version control tools to work on them and use the API to sync updates.
  • chadstoltzfuschadstoltzfus Member, Developers, csevp Posts: 130 PRO
    @matthew_vilim Do you have a distributable version of that API syncing functionality? 
    Applications Developer at Premier Custom Built
    chadstoltzfus@premiercb.com
  • lemon1324lemon1324 Member, Developers Posts: 223 EDU
    More details on that syncing toolchain would be great - currently I've broken out some utility functions to a separate document, but every time I need to make development changes I have to copy-paste it into the document for the top-level feature I'm working on and reference the local copy during development because it's not possible to hide new versions of that utility document (even in separate branches) from users downstream.
    Arul Suresh
    PhD, Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University