Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

unable to right click on onshape logo to open new tab and go back to documents

ryan_mcgoldrickryan_mcgoldrick Member Posts: 66 ✭✭✭
used to be able to right click on the logo within top left of a document and select open in new tab and have it navigate to documents browser.

Now i have to open an existing part or assembly etc in a new tab then click on the logo to go back to documents.

Am I missing something here? very small thing but was a lot easier beforehand

Comments

• Options
    actually realised im unable to right click on a lot of menus anymore. analytics, documents, header on main navigation page too
  • Options
    alnisalnis Member, Developers Posts: 449 EDU
    Can you middle-click on links to launch them in a new tab?
    Student at University of Washington | Get in touch: contact@alnis.dev | My personal site: https://alnis.dev
  • Options
    Thank you kind sir.
    This certainly works and will do. But yeah pretty sure I used to be able to right click and open in new tab and can't any more which is confusing in terms of navigating around onshape
  • Options
    tim_hess427tim_hess427 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    I've just noticed the same thing. I expected to be able to right-click on the onshape logo to open the documents page in a new tab. 

Same thing with the account menu in the top-right. It would be good to be able to right-click and open "action items" in a new tab. 

I'm just not in the habit of using the middle-click to open new tabs. 
  • Options
    I am pretty sure this functionality used to exist but has now disappeared for some reason.