Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Custom Table: Part Bounds - now with combine to get part count with same dimensions

jonathan_gräßerjonathan_gräßer Member Posts: 2 EDU
edited December 2021 in FeatureScript
Hi,

Preparing a woodworking project, where I will have several parts with the same dimensions, i wanted the possebility to get a list of all unique parts and how many are there of each..
Thankfully there existed already the Part bounds custom table.

I have added a combine feature, which will calculate a part count for unique part.

Check it out: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/5dfd646d3365c92011a9a1db/w/f8d97304c7fab41440d2aa74/e/5c897ad809b0f9e2717822df
The author of the original part bounds table is welcome to add my code. 

Comments

• alan_baljeualan_baljeu Member, User Group Leader Posts: 111 ✭✭
    The document looks to be not public.  
    Creating knowledge-driven design automation software, for molds, etc.
    www.virtualmold.com

• jonathan_gräßerjonathan_gräßer Member Posts: 2 EDU
    Thanks! Now it is!
  • emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a few issues as you can see
    1- Small issue in the code

2-Parts with different holes

3-Parts with cuts, fillets and chamfers

You can fix 1 easily

2 and 3 need to implement new options to combine or not parts:
    - You can check the mass, but this only fix some cases (there are 2 different Parts in picture 2 with the same hole, so the mass is the same but the holes are in different positions)
    To avoid this last issue you can check the Mass moments of inertia of the parts instead of their mass
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común