Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

We Invite You to Onshape Live '22

jon_hirschtickjon_hirschtick Onshape Employees Posts: 91
edited January 2022 in General

Last March, we held our first-ever Onshape user conference virtually. We successfully brought the Onshape community together to meet and learn from each other. We shared stories, learned from product development experts, heard from business leaders and educators, and even held a friendly design competition that produced outstanding models.

Of course, we wanted to do it again!

This year, our second annual user conference, Onshape Live ’22, will be held during two special viewing times to give attendees from around the world a chance to experience it live. Join us for:

• The Americas Event: Wednesday, March 2, beginning at 12 p.m. EST

• The European Event: Thursday, March 3, beginning at 10 a.m. GMT

We’re reaching further into the Onshape community by also providing closed caption translations in German, French and Italian for every session during the European Event. 

Each year brings new challenges – and new solutions. Every time I meet with a customer, I learn something from them about how to best put Onshape to work. It motivates me to find more ways to make Onshape even better.

After all, Onshape’s mission is to improve product development by fully realizing the potential of cloud, web and mobile technologies. Onshape Live ’22 will help both you and us achieve this mission as we all continue to grow.

Onshape Live ’22 is a free six-hour virtual conference highlighting industry success stories, best practices for product developers, tips and tricks for modeling, drawings, data management, insights on engineering education, and professional networking opportunities.

In addition, you’ll have a chance to interact directly with Onshape’s R&D team and participate in perhaps the coolest part of the whole event: See demos of some exciting new Onshape features coming in the future! 

Consider it a celebration of our Onshape community and what we’ve already accomplished and what’s yet-to-be achieved by helping transform your product development process through a cloud-native platform.

https://onshape.wistia.com/medias/jjaijg33zq

To reserve your free spot at Onshape Live ’22, please register here:  https://www.onshape.com/en/onshape-live/

See you there!
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,713 PRO
    Awesome!

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • Options
    dan_schniersdan_schniers Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    Are there going to be any Video highlights of the Onshape Live 22 event put on the Onshape website because I was not able to make it to the event today.

Thank you
  • Options
    dan_schniersdan_schniers Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    Sorry for the request I just noticed that the conference is this week. but the highlights replay of the event would be nice.

Thank you
  • Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,361 PRO
    I'm looking forward to the events. However a more granular agenda would be helpful. Maybe I'm missing something, but other than "hours of events" is there an actual schedule beyond the start time? I can't exactly block off an indefinite amount of my work day. 
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    From what we saw in the sneak peak, 2022 is going to be a great year.
  • Options
    mthiesmeyermthiesmeyer Onshape Employees Posts: 115
    Hi @S1mon,

Thanks for registering for Onshape Live '22! Once you are registered, if you go to https://events1.social27.com/onshapelive22/agenda you should be able to see a much more granular schedule.

See everyone soon!

Best,

Mike
  • Options
    Based on one of the agenda items (it's listed along with Frames), I did a little Google searching and found an official help file for that new functionality. I suspect that this isn't really supposed to be public yet.... but I'm very excited!

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Since Onshape is Tweeting this, try searching with Google for "PCBStudio Onshape"
  • Options
    alan_baljeualan_baljeu Member, User Group Leader Posts: 111 ✭✭
    Where is the event page?  I would suspect it’s a page i already received a link to, but there is nothing on any of these pages that says This is the Page where the Event will happen.
    Creating knowledge-driven design automation software, for molds, etc.
    www.virtualmold.com

• Options
    mark_proulxmark_proulx Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
    I registered for this event weeks ago and received a confirmation.  When I log into the event with the link provided in the confirmation, I'm directed to the page that advertises the event, not the event itself.  Can someone suggest a fix that allows access to the event?
  • Options
    billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    I'm giving up
  • Options
    mark_proulxmark_proulx Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
    billy2 said:
    I'm giving up
    Me too. I have a life to live.

• Options
  • Options
    Matt_LoMatt_Lo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 15
    You can use the link John has provided or try again using the confirmation link. When you log in, please select "sessions" on the left side of the page. That should get you to the agenda for the day.

@billy2 @mark_proulx please let me know if you are still having trouble getting into the event
  • Options
    bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    This is even better than last year and that was great!  Exciting to be part of.  Thanks Onshape community!
    www.accuratepattern.com
  • Options
    I'm very excited for global variables! Thank you Onshape team
  • Options
    Very excited about PCB Studio!
  • Options
    eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,504 PRO
    Ended up too busy at work to watch so I just tuned in a bit here and there but missed most of it...
    Will there be a way to "replay" the sessions or do I have to wait for them to be released on Youtube (one at a time, over the next few weeks like last year)?
  • Options
    christopher_quijanochristopher_quijano OS Professional Posts: 50 PRO
    Was there any update on the integrated simulation? I had to miss the sneak Peak session in the afternoon.
  • Options
    When will the recordings of the sessions be available to watch? There are a few that I couldn't watch live that I'd like to see.
  • Options
    nelcy_marcillananelcy_marcillana Member, User Group Leader, Channel partner Posts: 1
    Woohoo! Excited for this!
  • Options
    billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    edited March 2022
    @john_mcclary thanks for your login info

I wanted to attend and participate but I couldn't login and after 45 minutes trying, I gave up. The good news is that someone at social27 sent me a password that worked except the invent was over. 

• Options
    richard_doylerichard_doyle Member, User Group Leader Posts: 290 ✭✭✭✭
    S1mon said:
    When will the recordings of the sessions be available to watch? There are a few that I couldn't watch live that I'd like to see.
    You can still access the sessions (after logging in) here - https://events1.social27.com/onshapelive22/agenda

Richard
  • Options
    Was there any mention of the drafting api in any of the breakout sessions?

• Options
    No, but there was mention of 3D Scanning Imports and Mesh / Solid support that you would love
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    You're right about that, did they add anything more about it? Sounds exciting. I think we need to wait for a couple of releases, that's fine with me. I need to update my scanner.

I'm going to update my air intake on my BMW and put her on a diet, that'll be a good test of the mix data format. The biggest improvement with the mixed environment will be to allow meshes in an assembly.

• Options
    GWS50GWS50 Member Posts: 379 PRO
    Can't wait for mixed modelling, it will make a huge difference to my rather long workflow