Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Can we edit previously used features in PartStudio by FeatureScript?

Is it possible to get list of features already made in part studio and edit their properties? For example I want to conditionally change beam size from Beam Feature. Can I do that?

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,408
    Not with FeatureScript. You can get feature IDs of existing geometry but you can't edit its parameters. You can, however, use configurations to drive Beams, for example.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,902 PRO
    Like Niel said, if you create a configured partstudio then you can create a shape library and plug in your values (or drive these values in realtime with variables)

Here's mine that I shared Beams Library | Key Shafts (onshape.com)

• Options
    dawid_michalskidawid_michalski Member Posts: 4
    NeilCooke said:
    Not with FeatureScript. You can get feature IDs of existing geometry but you can't edit its parameters. You can, however, use configurations to drive Beams, for example.
    Thanks Neil for quick response. What can I do with those IDs? And what option do I have for conditional configurations? I suppose I cannot edit configurations with FeatureScript? Maybe I don't need FS at all, and just don't yet know what configurations can achieve.

Like Niel said, if you create a configured partstudio then you can create a shape library and plug in your values (or drive these values in realtime with variables)
    John, also thank You. I'm trying to test your document, and it's kinda complicated :D Actually Beams is one example where you have possibility to use custom sketch. I was wondering what about miter all option, if it can be changed with FS, but understand now configurations can do that. Will learn them more.

• Options
    steve_shubinsteve_shubin Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    @dawid_michalski said:
    For example I want to conditionally change beam size from Beam Feature. Can I do that?
    In the GIF below, I edited the Beam feature.
    I changed it from a smaller beam to a bigger beam. Is this roughly the type of thing you’re asking about?