Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Can export file locations be specified?

michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 681 ✭✭✭✭
I've been using Onshape on an old Windows 7 system for quite a while and frequently export files to a drive and folder on my local hard disk to slice and 3D print.  The folder location usually changes with the project.  I just installed Onshape on a new Win10 system and it looks like I can no longer specify to which drive and folder the the STL files get exported - the exports all go to a Downloads folder with no option that I can see to change the location.  

Am I missing something in the Onshape export window or do I need to change something in Win 10 so that I can specify where exports get saved?

Comments

• Options
    eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,549 PRO
    The export is really just a download so the location is going to be dictated by your browser settings. You should be able to change download settings to "always specify" or something like this (and it should remember the "last used")...
  • Options
    michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 681 ✭✭✭✭
    @eric_pestyThanks, that did the trick.