Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Welcome to The Onshape Simulation EVP!

chris_gromek_onshapechris_gromek_onshape Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 19
edited March 2022 in Simulation
Greetings Onshape Simulators!

It is my distinct pleasure to welcome you to enjoy an early view into Onshape Simulation.  Our team has worked tirelessly for over a year to deliver simulation-driven feedback seamlessly into your Onshape modeling experience, and it is up to you to let us know how well we have done.  Please use this forum as a place to express your successes, your failures, and your suggestions as to how we may continuously improve the product you will be trying for the first time.

As with any early release, we expect to learn and improve, so please do not hold back your thoughts or concerns.  Similarly, as we evolve the application into the future, we do not want to lose any of the things that you enjoy most, so please let us know about those too.  Through this forum you will have access to the people responsible for every piece of code which drives Onshape Simulation; no question is too technical to ask, though some may be too proprietary to answer.

I look forward to working with all of you in the weeks to come and wish you the best of luck along the way!  Here is a walk through video to get you familiarized:

https://onshape.wistia.com/medias/6bp875cig7

Best Regards,
Chris Gromek
Sr Product Manager - Advanced Development
PTC - Office of the CTO

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    wayne_sauderwayne_sauder Member, csevp Posts: 478 PRO
    I really like the looks, I think there is great potential ahead. 

• Options
    Thanks Wayne!  We are excited as well :).  Great looking part!
  • Options
    wayne_sauderwayne_sauder Member, csevp Posts: 478 PRO
    This tool is absolutely incredible!!! :) I wish I could share some shots of what I am using it for, unfortunately, I am playing with it in an NDA sandbox at the moment.  
  • Options
    george_hudetz_ptcgeorge_hudetz_ptc Member Posts: 2
    The Onshape document used in the introduction video is now available publicly.  It contains the new material library, and is ready for load application and subsequent results viewing.  Additionally, you can experiment with mate types, Load regions, and Functional connections as was shown in the video.  Have fun!

Link below:

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/2562520323bae377dc30978b/w/284d5051907d4e72efeee88a/e/7931e6c34a6c41c716f758cc?renderMode=0&uiState=62290e68d47a3132a2425203
  • Options
    fastwayjimfastwayjim Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 220 PRO
    Cool stuff guys! 

Here's a quick "in-cylinder pressure" sim on my crank assembly! 

I still have to play with the functional connections, and I'm excited to learn more about how it is handling boundary conditions and contact. 

Jim
  • Options
    Awesome screenshot Jim!  Looking forward to our call later this week to dig into the details.

Thank you for your time and interest to test this out and help us deliver something great!
    Chris
  • Options
    sebastian_glanznersebastian_glanzner Member, Developers Posts: 401 PRO
    Thanks for inviting me, it is really amazing! 

@chris_gromek_onshape
    Thanks for the video, very well explained!
  • Options
    bert_fouriebert_fourie Member Posts: 101 PRO
    Hi there, great to be part of this exciting development! The inherent ability to incorporate the mate types as part of the analysis is a big advantage. Also that you are able to make a change and go back to the same model with its established analysis parameters, whereas in traditional FEA you have to set up an entirely new simulation.