Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

unable to export to dxf

drie_verdrie_ver Member Posts: 3
Hi, I want to export all of my parts as dxf to lasercut them, but with some parts the option to export as dxf just doesnt exist. whats going on there and how can I solve this?

Best Answer

• S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,321 PRO
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    Without seeing the document, my guess would be that the face you're selecting isn't seen by Onshape as flat. Drafted or ruled surfaces which really should be flat are not always "flat". If you can't select the face as a sketch plane, this is a give away - even if it seems like all the edges are coplanar.

One way to get around this: you can create a plane through 3 points and then replace the face with the plane.

Answers

• S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,321 PRO
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    Without seeing the document, my guess would be that the face you're selecting isn't seen by Onshape as flat. Drafted or ruled surfaces which really should be flat are not always "flat". If you can't select the face as a sketch plane, this is a give away - even if it seems like all the edges are coplanar.

One way to get around this: you can create a plane through 3 points and then replace the face with the plane.