Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Add new part studio not working on edu accounts?

Can anyone shed light on a problem I've got adding new part studios,  drawings or assemblies. The + button does not respond at all. 
I'm a teacher and have noticed this is not happening when I log into Chrome using my personal account, I still log onto Onshape with my edu account.
We use Chromebooks to access Onshape which has been perfect until now.

thanks for any help
Meirion

Answers

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    are you logging into Onshape with different accounts? or your Chromebook? the way you word that is a little confusing.

if you're logging into Onshape with different accounts, one may have limited access or is view-only for that user.
    Check your share settings.

Also, what do you mean when you say the + button does not respond?
    Does it simply not open the menu? Or does it not create a part studio after clicking the option?

Maybe if you're logging into your Chromebook with a different account, did they switch the mouse buttons to left handed?
    Try Right clicking the + button.

Maybe the cache needs to be reset
    press ctrl+shift+I to open the devTools (or maybe it's a different command on Chromebook)
    then right click the refresh button, try "empty cache and hard refresh" (may be different options on Chromebook)

Other than that, I'm out of advice, sorry.
  • meirion_owenmeirion_owen Member Posts: 6 EDU
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try the cache reset. It's the same account, I meant I logged into Chrome with a different one. I flagged it with support who said it might be a recent Chrome update. The + button is totally dead.