Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

dose this program support CNC and laser engraving/cutting processes?

I have a Snapmaker 2.0 and want to use all of its functions in one program if possible. I come from Fusion 360 and Solid Works and have used Fusion's ability to use these modules. So far I love the idea of the program but have found some severe limitations in mathematical ability and wide functionality outside of 3d printing and model design.

Answers

• Options
    afalzate13afalzate13 Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
    Not yet, but they are working on it as you can see they're acquired a recent cloud based CAM software: https://www.ptc.com/en/blogs/corporate/ptc-brings-cloud-native-cam-to-onshape. As a cnc machine shop owner, I also hate having to use different CAD/CAM software. I've been requesting this for about 4 years so far but they did show me a beta version a year ago for milling that showed some promise in auto tool pathing for milling.