Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Extruded text turn out well in STL file, but not after slicing

Hi!
I try to extrude some text on a surface using the Text tool in the Sketch, and then print it on my 3d printer. Everything works well, I can extrude the text. Then I export it to a STL file. When opening the STL file in my slicer (Creality Slicer) the STL file looks correct, but after haveing sliced it the gcode doesnt include the text anymore. I come from Fusion and have never had such problems there, though in Fusion I usually "explode" the text into lines/splines before exporting to STL. Any ideas?
/Matt

Answers

• Options
    tim_hesstim_hess Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    How big are the letters and the length of the extrusion? 

If you can see the text in the STL file, it seems like the issue would be in your slicing settings. Maybe the extrusion is too small (thinner than your layer thickness?) or maybe the lengths of the edges are two small and getting ignored by the slicer. 

I think most have some settings for dealing with features that might be too small to print. Maybe it's worth looking into those settings?