Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How are elements in list type properties sorted?

javl0p_2javl0p_2 Member Posts: 67 PRO
When creating customized properties, list types are quite useful (e.g. provider list, surface finish...).

One limitation of such list type properties is that once a field is added to the list, it can not be removed. However, can the order in which they are displayed be changed?

Once the list becomes fairly large the dropdown tab becomes chaotic. Having its elements sorted in alphabetical order (or any other custom way) would be very useful. How can this be done?

Thanks!

Answers

• Options
    shawn_crockershawn_crocker Member, OS Professional Posts: 826 PRO
    This is one reason I didn't create any list properties. Everytime I go to do it, I realize I forgot to add something and was never comfortable have in go to the bottom of the list.
  • Options
    eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,596 PRO
    I agree it would really help to be able to "re-sort" the lists! I've only used a list for a larger number of items (vendors) where I have to start typing to find the result so it's not that big of a deal but it does bother me that you can only add stuff at the bottom!
    I don't know if there is an existing IR for this...
  • Options
    javl0p_2javl0p_2 Member Posts: 67 PRO
    Ok, there seems to be an IR from October 2022

"REORDER A LIST WITHIN A CUSTOM PROPERTY"
    https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/19291/reorder-a-list-within-a-custom-property 

Please vote for it if you consider it useful!