Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Loft projection

I have the loft in the picture, that I need to project or I should say extend to plane BH 681. Is there any way to achieve that? 

Best Answer

• eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,461 PRO
    Answer ✓
    If you want to "extend" you could use a "move face" up to your plane.
    If you want to project, you could extrude the end face up to the plane.
    You could also sketch on your plane and do a "use" to convert the end face of the loft depending what you are trying to do...

Answers

• eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,461 PRO
    Answer ✓
    If you want to "extend" you could use a "move face" up to your plane.
    If you want to project, you could extrude the end face up to the plane.
    You could also sketch on your plane and do a "use" to convert the end face of the loft depending what you are trying to do...
  • Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
    In addition to Eric's good suggestions you could use "Replace face" with the plane as the face to replace with.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • ricardo_raimondoricardo_raimondo Member Posts: 32
    I guess that "extend " should have been the correct word. I will try your suggestion. Anyways, I solved the problem by scaling non-uniformly. Well let you know if I reach the same part using the "move face" feature, which I never used before, and seems the right way to do this.
  • ricardo_raimondoricardo_raimondo Member Posts: 32
    Thank you, guys. The "move face" was exactly what I need for this case. I will check at a later time the use of the "replace face" as suggested. Will not hurt to learn something else.