Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Where is the best place to get a human? (3d model)

Looking for a human that I can assemble and put into the position I need for my cart. Where is the best place to go to find this type of stuff? 

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,724 PRO
    edited February 2023

Hi @skyeparker1
    One way to do this would be to search the public models. Go to your cad.onshape.com > public > search.
    I've found it is useful to put what your searching for in quotes so it will search for the exact word.

Also, here is a copy of the Ergo-Man someone made a while back:

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • Options
    fstfst Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
    There are a number of great characters from the open movies available in the Blender cloud - including some good free ones: https://studio.blender.org/characters/
    One option would be to export your CAD scene from Onshape (e.g. as glTF), import it in Blender, assign fitting materials (if the Onshape materials didn't survive ex- and import), import the chosen character and do posing and rendering of the entire scene in Blender.

Or the other way around, do the posing in Blender, export as e.g. glTF (to retain shaders), import in Onshape and do the rendering there.

My guess would be that rendering in Blender would give you more options (also not sure how well material transfer between Blender and Onshape via glTF works - in doubt it might be less work to reassign new materials to the CAD model in Blender than to the character in Onshape(?)).

• Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,724 PRO

@roman_jurt190 Legit. Thanks!

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • Options
    roman_jurt190roman_jurt190 Member Posts: 32 EDU
    Since there is no Inverse Kinematics... it's not that intuitive to play around... working and fixing everything from the inside seems to be the best approach. And since there is no "reset" button... lot's of undoes are needed when 50% Human meets 100% Ball mates:)

• Options
    skyeparker1skyeparker1 Member Posts: 9
    @roman_jurt190 this cyborg is perfect. Thank you!
  • Options
    Lucas_KuhnsLucas_Kuhns Member, csevp Posts: 88 PRO

I use the one from this document: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/23a6ab28cc9e8d326787c479/v/25b4df17ff0ba3ec25c2a374/e/19aaa185b9dd46fdc77b12cd

I don't know where it comes from originally but there were a lot of other documents in the public results that are obviously the same source model but this one had the more linked documents. I also like that it has a composite part. For my uses, I don't need the arms and legs to move so this just makes it load quicker and be more stable.

@roman_jurt190, could you add a composite part in your part studio and then version it? I could just switch to using this one for my projects then.