Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How creating a copy of the outline of another part?

arthur_glinkaarthur_glinka Member Posts: 2
Hello everybody,
I have created a part, and now I will copy the exact outlines of this part so that I can then put the parts together. Now I have loaded a derived of the one part to the other part design, but now I don't know how to copy the contours exactly. What I mean is that I search for a function with which I can copy the contours of the part, like pressing them into plasticity or so on. whe I make a sketch and than an offset, it ignores the rounded edges, and so on.

Thanks for our helping and sorry for my bad English.

Answers

• Options
    Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,066 PRO
    Will you share a link to your document or some images to help us understand?
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • Options
    shawn_crockershawn_crocker Member, OS Professional Posts: 814 PRO
    I think this might be what you are attempting.

• Options
    dean_atlasdean_atlas Member Posts: 2
    It’s important to find or help with documentation specific to your design software to find the most appropriate option for your situation. Specific terms and phrases may vary depending on the software you use. If you have any additional questions or need further assistance, feel free to reach out!  

• Options
    vincent_lai433vincent_lai433 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2023
    You can use the "Offset" or "Project" function in your CAD.