Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Freelance / Contractors needed - Onshape

john_allen289john_allen289 Member Posts: 34 PRO
Hi All,

I am interested if there are any people on this community who would like to do some freelance / contract work in Onshape?

The brief would be modelling inside our Onshape Enterprise taking Laser Scan Mesh data and building production ready 3D models for thermoformings, injection mouldings, machinings and small assemblies.

I need reliable engineers who can work to deadlines.

You would be buddied an engineer within our business who would oversee technical check and quality through our own custom release workflows.

If anyone is interested and has experience in Onshape and design for manufacture in the above processes I'd be keen to hear from you.

Kind regards,
John

Best Answers

• Options
    guy_rogelguy_rogel Member, User Group Leader Posts: 84 PRO
    Answer ✓
    Hi John
    I have a small Engineering consulting ofiice  , we use onshape as our main cad (we also have solidworks) 
    we are very experianced with OS (I am working on OS for 5 years now)
    We are happy ti try and help

I am sorry i did not update our web site for so long (thank god we have enough work) but you can see some of our work at www.rogel.co.il

Thanks Guy Rogel
    guy@rogel.co.il

• Options
    nick_papageorge073nick_papageorge073 Member, csevp Posts: 676 PRO
    Answer ✓
    Hi, I've worked with Impulse Product Development for about 15 years. Troy is their president. We worked together with Creo at a consumer company that was almost all injection molded. At my new job, we switched to Onshape, and I brought him along as a consultant, and we learned OS together. Highly recommend. I showed him your message and he will reach out to you. His email is troy@impulsepd.com, and website is: https://www.impulseproductdevelopment.com/

Good luck:)
  • Options
    Cary_BettenhausenCary_Bettenhausen Member Posts: 38 PRO
    Answer ✓
    Hi, I've worked with Impulse Product Development for about 15 years. Troy is their president. We worked together with Creo at a consumer company that was almost all injection molded. At my new job, we switched to Onshape, and I brought him along as a consultant, and we learned OS together. Highly recommend. I showed him your message and he will reach out to you. His email is troy@impulsepd.com, and website is: https://www.impulseproductdevelopment.com/

I know these guys personally (I used to have an office directly below theirs). They're top notch and up to the task.

Answers

• Options
    guy_rogelguy_rogel Member, User Group Leader Posts: 84 PRO
    Answer ✓
    Hi John
    I have a small Engineering consulting ofiice  , we use onshape as our main cad (we also have solidworks) 
    we are very experianced with OS (I am working on OS for 5 years now)
    We are happy ti try and help

I am sorry i did not update our web site for so long (thank god we have enough work) but you can see some of our work at www.rogel.co.il

Thanks Guy Rogel
    guy@rogel.co.il

• Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,724 PRO

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • Options
    nick_papageorge073nick_papageorge073 Member, csevp Posts: 676 PRO
    Answer ✓

• Options
    Hi All,

Thanks for the support and prompt replies, great to know there are professionals around open to this.

The project is going through contract review and initial planning today, I hope to have a clearer idea of specific tasks by the end of this week/early next then I can reach out to those who have shown an interest.

Thanks to those who have also messaged me directly with portfolios etc.

Kind regards,
    John
  • Options
    Cary_BettenhausenCary_Bettenhausen Member Posts: 38 PRO
    Answer ✓

I know these guys personally (I used to have an office directly below theirs). They're top notch and up to the task.
  • Options
    Pattabi_KakumanuPattabi_Kakumanu Member Posts: 39 PRO
    edited July 2023
    Hello John! 

I am Pattabi Kakumanu, working as a Mechanical Design Engineer for more than 6 years. During this time, I have been mainly using Onshape and SolidWorks software. I have extensive experience in designing products for the automotive and special machinery industries, utilising various manufacturing processes such as CNC, injection mouldings, sheet metal, casting, 3D printing, and welding. 

I look forward to your response.

Thanks,

Pattabi Kakumanu

E:kakumanupattabi@gmai.com

• Options
    michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭
    @Pattabi_Kakumanu - is the domain name on upir email address missing the letter "l" (el)?
  • Options
    EMBASSY_DESIGNEMBASSY_DESIGN Member Posts: 6 PRO
    John,
    We have capacity, we would need to talk about volume and through-put.
    We have been using OnShape since 2018 (previously SW since '96 but dropped now).
    Lots of experience in productions design, thermoforming, sheet metal, blow moulding, injection moulding, compression mouldings, machined parts, weldments, glass ware, quartz ware.  Parts, fabrications and assemblies.  Please see www.embassydesign.co.uk.  Call and we can discuss the need.
    Regards  Michael Butler, +44 (0)79 323 99 485.
  • Options
    Pattabi_KakumanuPattabi_Kakumanu Member Posts: 39 PRO
    @michael3424 Yeah you are correct. I have typo mistake.

Email: kakumanupattabi@gmail.com
    Mobile: +49 15901368611
  • Options
    Thanks to all who have replied to this thread, we have satisfied our need, great to have a few good contacts for future.