Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Block page redirect?

Michael_CoffeeMichael_Coffee Member Posts: 90 ✭✭✭
When I'm working on a project, I'll have multiple tabs open in my browser, and each tab will be of something related to the project (normally a different linked document). When I leave them open and come back, one of two things can happen:
  1. Page times out and it shows a link to reconnect (of course with one of the updates, it should reconnect).
  2. Page times out and will redirect to a sign-in page
Thing is, I'm trying to figure out how to stop it from redirecting to the sign-in page. Reason for this is because it makes it impossible to figure out what I was looking at in that tab previously. I could have a dozen tabs open and when I come back to the computer, they're all now saying "sign-in" and I have no clue where exactly I was previously. I would rather open a new tab, sign-in, then just refresh the page manually so I don't lose it from the redirect.

I'm using Firefox. Earlier versions allowed a settings option to block redirects, but since it was removed, my attempts are a stab in the dark. My first was accessing "about:config" and setting "accessibility.blockautorefresh" to true. Unfortunately that didn't do anything. Now I'm trying setting "network.http.redirection-limit" to zero. Sure, I might cause some annoyance for myself somewhere down the line, but blocking the redirects is more important.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Options
    john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 360
    This is probably something we are going to need to change on the Onshape side. We aren't preserving the original URL through the redirects. Can you please open an improvement on this?
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.
  • Options
    Michael_CoffeeMichael_Coffee Member Posts: 90 ✭✭✭
    This is probably something we are going to need to change on the Onshape side. We aren't preserving the original URL through the redirects. Can you please open an improvement on this?
    I can do that.

My "redirect limit" attempt unfortunately didn't work and I ended up with the same issue as before.

What's interesting is that this has only been a fairly recent issue, like maybe the last few months or so. Before, I would always just get the blue screen overlay with the link to reconnect to the document. I never got the sign-in redirect within the document itself. If I was on the main page, sure, and since it was just the main page, I didn't mind.