Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

replace multiple faces with multiple faces.

robert_stilesrobert_stiles Member Posts: 94 PRO
Are there any replace to multiple faces custom features, or extend to a container type thing? Think of a spiral stair, rising inside a square tower, and the treads and risers need to extend to the extents of the bounding walls. I have had this type of problem a couple of times in a range of situations, and resorted to oversizing and Boolean>remove, or over sizing and splitting parts and removing one side.  But when the design is parametric, and parts are added or fall in differnt positions, this falls over. 
I'm sure I'm missing a simple trick.... maybe a tool I don't use much, like replace face, only more powerful.
Thanks
Tagged:

Comments