Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Item jumps position when dimensioned.

I'm new to Onshape and buiding my first model.  I made a construction line from the top of an extrude aiming to build a loft, but as soon as I add a dimension to the line,  it jumps position , sometimes up, sometimes down, so that its no longer a useful reference line.  Is this a bug I should report?  Or am I doing something very silly?

Answers

• Options
    Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,069 PRO
    I think what you see is a feature, not a bug, though a non-obvious feature: The first dimension added to a sketch scales the whole sketch. It's very helpful when you need it. To get around it, add another dimension somewhere first, and accept the default value, then dimension your line, and delete the other dimension.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl