Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

deleted branch

my laptop keeps freezing and going slow,
i may have accidentally deleted a branch during this happening,  removing months of work and loads of different parts  is there anyway or getting this back?
the branch is still showing but wont allow me to open anything, freezes and throws an error up. 

Answers

• Options
    ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,178
    It's impossible to tell what's going on without a document link, but it's clear this shouldn't happen.  Please open a support ticket and share the document with support, so we can take a look.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
  • Options
    kevin_mason558kevin_mason558 Member Posts: 46 EDU
    @ilya_baran I have clicked to contact the support on the page 
    I have also replied to the email with some more error codes that have come up. But have yet to receive a response. 

It's stressed me out a bit today (as I'm still learning and computers aren't my strong point!) and this is a lot of work potentially lost 
    and it means our work projects can't be carried out if it has gone. I have become the only person in work designing and drawing up the parts to work from in the workshop. So a lot is relying on me getting it right
  • Options
    malay_kumarmalay_kumar Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 93
    One of changes made to branch is probably causing this issue and making workspace/branch in a bad state. Support will look into it and respond. In the mean time, if you want you can restore branch to a previous state and get to a working branch. See help below on how to look at history of a document and restore to a specific moment. You can find a working moment and restore your branch to that moment.  

https://cad.onshape.com/help/Content/docmanagement.htm?Highlight=restore