Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

how to give parts separate files

balap_dinhbalap_dinh Member Posts: 2
I do not know how to make files for parts. I don't even know if it is possible

Answers

• Options
    GWS50GWS50 Member Posts: 381 PRO
    Parts are created/stored in parts studios and are located in the TABS along the bottom of the workspace so unlike most other CAD programs you don't have files on your computer.
    You can model several parts in one part studio (TAB) which is one of the many powerful design tools within Onshape.
  • Options
    michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭
    @balap_dinh Do you want to save the parts as separate files for use in another application, like a slicer for 3D printing or a CAM program for machining the part?

• Options
    don_bdon_b Member Posts: 106 ✭✭
    as one that started off way wrong on this platform I certainly understand your problem.... I think....where as a top down design in other cad platforms is often the way to design I think that the band width issue with a cloud platform caused the why this platform works the way it is....not a software geek just supposition. .... so now perhaps you have many parts in a part studio and want to separate them out to seperate part studios?...The way I did it was to export each individual part and re-import it as a seperate part studio....it is a way to start over without losing what you have already drawn.