Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

understanding oppattern input (invalid input error)

ok.. tried searching for various things but my issue is that I don't understand what inputs are required in what form I think..  my featurescript is here (no laughing!)  silly feature ..  
I think I have everything correct but it says invalid input when I try it.. the entity to copy is a solid body, the transform is basically a do nothing placeholder and the instanceNames is an array of unique string names.  some of the annotation inputs are for later functionality so they shouldn't make a difference.. but I have no idea. 

Best Answers

• Options
    lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 699
    Answer ✓
    instanceNames array has to be the same length as transforms array ( in this case 1) . If you want to create `definition.entityCount` copies, you need to provide that number of transformations
  • Options
    christopher_mcveychristopher_mcvey Member Posts: 4
    Answer ✓
    lana said:
    instanceNames array has to be the same length as transforms array ( in this case 1) . If you want to create `definition.entityCount` copies, you need to provide that number of transformations
    and bang.. got it.. each instance of the pattern gets its name and a corresponding transform.. otherwise the pattern would just be the same transform on all the instances of the pattern.  thank you, I knew it had to be simple.

Answers

• Options
    lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 699
    Answer ✓
  • Options
    christopher_mcveychristopher_mcvey Member Posts: 4
    Answer ✓
    lana said:
    and bang.. got it.. each instance of the pattern gets its name and a corresponding transform.. otherwise the pattern would just be the same transform on all the instances of the pattern.  thank you, I knew it had to be simple.