Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Schedule Piping Profile Configuration Table

Johann_PJohann_P Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited January 10 in Using Onshape
Hi there

I have been trying to setup a table for schedule piping (ASME/ANSI B36.10M) for some time now but are struggling. I would like it in my profile library so only need a sketch profile.
Have anyone done this?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Kevin_CowlesKevin_Cowles Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 17 PRO
    Answer ✓
    I built a simple one for ANSI ASTM A53. Feel free to make your own copy, use it as a template for a different standard etc. Let me know if you have further questions!

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/850bab614551cce22107376f/w/8c00baec6cfca27aa0bae46e/e/691620afee3904e024f07961
  • Options
    Johann_PJohann_P Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Thank you Kevin.
    Can you explain your table, I think I almost understand what you did.
  • Options
    Kevin_CowlesKevin_Cowles Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 17 PRO
    For sure! First table (Schedule) is basically selecting the integer that drives the selection for the second table (Nominal Pipe Size). It also drives the first half of the Pipe Profile name. 

In the second table, I'm using an indexed array to select the appropriate value for OD and ID. Essentially configuring the configuration table. See this forum post for a similar but more detailed explanation (a very similar example actually!)