Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Sketching tutorial

Hi guys,

I tried to follow the sketching tutorial:

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/c98978894f544f89aa10633f/w/a099a1f1c6234125997b78a2/e/8f07cba71d16411faf603050

but when I used the Trim command, I can't trim exactly what I see in the tutorial. It trims the whole line instead of the segment up to the first intersection. I can workaround by add an extra horizontal line in the sketch, but that's not what the tutorial shows:

Any idea? Did I miss anything? Will be very grateful for any help.

Thanks,
-Ivan

Best Answer

Answers

• yat_cheung_wongyat_cheung_wong Member Posts: 7
    @yat_cheung_wong 
    I wonder if what you are considering an intersection is actually the edge of the underlying solid model?
    Because trim only considers intersections within the sketch.
    You would have to first "Use/Project" the model edge if you want to trim to it.
    Thanks so much for your response. Now I see in the tutorial that the guy did "Use/Project" the edge. I missed that part I thought he only clicked on the cycles on both sides. Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
    -Ivan