Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to no show Sketch entities?

dennis_coonsdennis_coons Member Posts: 4

I'm just starting out with onshape. I tried freecad and that was too buggy for me, I like shaper3D and got pretty good at it but it's kind of expensive so here I am with onshape. This looks like a pretty good  CAD program. 

I want to extrude a face but interior lines which I would like to no show are making that difficult.

Best Answers

• Options
    dirk_van_der_vaartdirk_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 543 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Onshape is pretty good CAD program.
    Invest some hours , that will make life a lot easier.

• Options
    matthew_stacymatthew_stacy Member Posts: 476 PRO
    Answer ✓
    @dennis_coons, try converting the "interior lines" to CONSTRUCTION lines.  Construction lines will not extrude, but still display as dashed lines.  It that what you're looking for.  <q> is the keyboard shortcut to select the convert to construction tool.

Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Onshape is pretty good CAD program.
    Invest some hours , that will make life a lot easier.

• Options
    dennis_coonsdennis_coons Member Posts: 4

Appreciate getting back with me! you're correct I do need to invest more time. I think what I'm going to do is create my models in shaper 3D( still have a month)  and spend more time with Online help  until I'm better up to speed  

I found the self-paced courses.

I have already gone through Beginner Tutorial 1/5 - Onshape 3D CAD - Creating Sketches, these were well done 

• Options
    Once you know how to create a good fully constraint sketch, all line,s are black, not blue.

Now use this sketch to do an Extrude, Revolve, Sweep and a loft and your ready to go.

And remember, Part,s that have a strong relation to each other ( box and a Lid) are allways in the same Part studio
  • Options
    matthew_stacymatthew_stacy Member Posts: 476 PRO
    Answer ✓
    @dennis_coons, try converting the "interior lines" to CONSTRUCTION lines.  Construction lines will not extrude, but still display as dashed lines.  It that what you're looking for.  <q> is the keyboard shortcut to select the convert to construction tool.
  • Options
    nick_papageorge073nick_papageorge073 Member, csevp Posts: 670 PRO
    Are you asking to hide a sketch? If so, its the eyeball to the right of the feature in the tree when you hover your mouse over it.
  • Options
    rick_randallrick_randall Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
    If you had a sketch that had a circle inside a rectangle, and you wanted to extrude a rectangle block -  while inside the extrude command simply  select both of the two regions (the rectangle area, and the circle area) and you will end up with the rectangle block without a hole in it.
    I hope I interpreted question correctly, - good luck