Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to grab part's dimensions?

Hi guys,

I'm designing cabinets, plinths and load of different wood structures. Most of the models contain flat square cut panels,, with general thicknesses from 6mm to 18mm. Usually about 20-30 panels 1 design.
I'm looking for an option to make a cut list. As I'm not using the beams/frames option, can't really grab the dimensions, only edge by edge, and that is a bit long process for me.
I would need an option, if I select a part, then I can have back the width, length, and thickness.
I had a look into custom features, and I think that will be the solution. I did a few basic features yet, so still learning, but I can't find how to grab this information from the selected part.
The ideal extra feature for me would be the following:
If I select a part (from part list, as some of them are inside the structure), then the feature would isolate it (optionally) and show me the 3 basic info I need. Or even better to fill up a custom table.
Is there anything similar feature around, or can somebody help me on this?

Thanks
Jozsef

Best Answers

Answers