Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Comments and International communication - Improvement request

jonathan_stedmanjonathan_stedman Member, Mentor Posts: 65 PRO
Just tentatively  to use the software in production.  Just to fact that I can share a file over long distances with suppliers for a discussion.  In SW and edrawings it relies on them downloading or opening the exe file which still people get a bit worried about.  OS, being in a browser, they are comfortable with.  However it would be great when writing a comment to add an arrow or highlight the area of concern,  and then when they receive open the comment, the file rotates and shows my arrow and POV when the comment was written ( much like edrawings do).  

Or perhaps adapt the 'feedback' so we can capture a screen image and send it to them rather than you at OS.  OS will not be interested in my designs of widgets but if I could choose the recipient, this would be a good halfway house.

TTFN

Jon

Comments

• michael_11michael_11 Member Posts: 1
    Jon,

This is something I've thought about as well. Have you looked at this Onshape blog post, https://www.onshape.com/cad-blog/enhancement-requests? I'd love for them to allow us to use this Feedback tool for the type of communication you describe. I submitted an enhancement request.

Mike
  • 3dexter3dexter Member Posts: 89 ✭✭✭
    +1

@jonathan_stedman this is possible with GrabCAD Workbench platform, which is also free and Onshape partner!

Other things I love about GrabCAD Workbench:

1. Comments tool, pins, sketches, and @mentions. (link)
    2. The ability to share a model through the URL, no need to register! (link)
    3. Tool exploded view. (link)
    4. Tool for comparing different versions of a model. (link)
    5. Desktop App and add-in for SolidWorks. (link)
    6. Huge support for Native CAD files! (link)
    7. Unlimited storage space.

Good luck.
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    The ability to add markups and share them as part of the Onshape document is something we are considering.  I have this an an improvement I can add you to.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.