Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Assembly Mate Frustration Only to Find Out...

Don_Van_ZileDon_Van_Zile Member Posts: 195 PRO

I spent about an hour (probably closer to two) this morning trying to figure out why my mating scheme I set up a couple weeks back for a subassembly wasn't working as I anticipated coming back to it again today only to find out that a Limit was defined in one of them. We need another generic visual cue for when these are altered from standard defaults. I had to go and start randomly editing each one in order to find out the culprit.

Comments

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    +1
  • Stefan_DMSStefan_DMS Member Posts: 48 PRO
    +1
  • romeograhamromeograham Member Posts: 656 PRO
    Great idea.
    It could take the icon for the type of limit, too. In your case above, the icon in the Mate list would be the Angular Limit icon (instead of the Linear limit icon you used). That would give us even more useful info.

(Of course, then you'd need to figure out a way to show limits in multiple DOF)...