Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Insert bolt in hole on a curved face

EricGauthierEricGauthier Member Posts: 73 ✭✭✭
Hi,
What is the simplest way to insert a bolt in a hole on a curved sheet metal part?
I have 12 holes on this part where I want to insert bolts.
Should I create many Mate connectors in my part (cover in image)?

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,388
    Can you use slider and tangent?
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    EricGauthierEricGauthier Member Posts: 73 ✭✭✭
    Looking at it again, I think my problem is because my holes are recognized as 360 degrees arcs, not circles with center points.
    They were created on the flat pattern directly because I don't know how I could have made them on the curved surface properly.
    Should I create Mate Connectors on their center points?

• Options
    konstantin_shiriazdanovkonstantin_shiriazdanov Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    in the V12 of Measure Value feature I added an option to place a point of an approximate centroid of an entity, so using it you can at least place an aprroximate centroid 3d points for each edge and somehow use it to define a mate connector. Or someone would use evApproximateCentroid to place MC direcly by a custom feature.